Prague tourist attractions:
Prague Castle is a symbol of the Czech statehood and one of the most significant cultural monuments in the country. It is the largest castle complex in the world consisting of numerous palaces and church buildings and a UNESCO World Heritage site.
Petřín Lookout Tower
With its height of 65.5 metres, the Petřín Lookout Tower belongs to the main features of Prague. It may be called a younger sister of the Eiffel Tower. The imposing structure, rising above the Lesser Town, offers a splendid view of Prague Castle and other city monuments.
The Jewish Museum, founded in 1906, holds the most extensive Jewish collection in the world, consisting of more than forty thousand exhibits and a hundred thousand books.
The National Museum in Prague is based in the monumental building at the top of Wenceslas Square. It is the largest museum in the Czech Republic, containing numerous interesting collections. The National Museum as an institution includes many other buildings and museums in the whole country.
Church of Our Lady Victorious (Infant Jesus of Prague)
The Church of Our Lady Victorious, located in Karmelitská Street at the Lesser Town, is an exceptionally valuable building regarding both its architecture and decoration. The church holds the world-famous statue o f the Infant Jesus of Prague.
Prague astronomical clock (Orloj)
The Orloj, mounted on the Old Town City Hall in the Old Town Square, is an ingenious device showing flawlessly time and date, position of the Sun, phases of the Moon, astronomical cycles, and Christian holy days. It has been working for over six centuries.
Wenceslas Square is the centre of the business and cultural activities in Prague. Many historical events occurred there, destining the future of the whole country. The square is named after Saint Wenceslas, the patron saint of Bohemia.
The Charles Bridge, connecting the Old Town with the Lesser Town, is one of Prague’s symbols. It is the oldest preserved city bridge, the first stone of which was laid by Charles IV in 1357. It was constructed from sandstone blocks under the supervision of the famous architect Peter Parler.
The highly noticeable building called the Dancing House caused great controversy upon its completion in 1996, but since then has become an integral part of the city. Its name is derived from the two sections resembling a pair of dancers (Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire).